1997-06-04 - Re: McVeigh

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8cf71313f60c080647b3d17a9850afa8f8d9f2b6b98a00eae2574da68405067e
Message ID: <JewR8D1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970603234401.03ccf980@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-04 16:33:58 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 00:33:58 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 00:33:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: McVeigh

frissell@panix.com writes:
> Circa 1974, I was sitting in my law school lounge watching "The Charge of the
> Light Brigade" starring Errol Flynn on TV.  There was a group of other
> students there.  Then came the line from the film: "Men, we're going to show
> these Turks that you can't murder innocent women and children and live to
> boast about it (a British garrison had been attacked, which led to the
> Charge).  I immediately piped up, "That's funny, George McGovern did!"

I haven't seen the movie, but my recollection is that in real life the
British were attacking the Russians.  See, the Turks were killing
Xians in the Balkans, and the Russians foolishly tried to protect them,
and the British stepped in to protect the Turks.  Maybe they changed it
all in the movie version (can't expect U.S. moviegoers to follow 19th
century politics).

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM