1998-09-10 - Re: radio net

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 5f0c613bbc6a63d35843298e9f82283148556761ce728eac85ee99933a4b4cf7
Message ID: <v04011720b21e3a549335@[139.167.130.247]>
Reply To: <199809091239.HAA15369@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-10 13:35:51 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:35:51 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:35:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: radio net

Hey, guys,

Someone here already said it, but nobody else got it, so I'll repeat it:
SSB, or Single Sideband. It's commercial ham radio, if you will, and all
the ships use it. I expect that you can shove anything down an SSB set that
you want, including encrypted traffic.

Ham radio is a government nerd subsidy, and as such, doesn't do much but
make more government funded/sactioned/approved/whatever nerds. :-).

SSB would do just fine. It's an international standard, after all, and
probably not under the control of any one government, even.e

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga
Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@philodox.com>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA