1994-12-01 - Re: We are ALL guests (except Eric)

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f9febd4065757245b146286bc2fae278245aedf424d30908357848779007e61a
Message ID: <199412012103.NAA13673@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <199412011142.DAA28100@netcom3.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-01 20:04:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 12:04:55 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 12:04:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: We are ALL guests (except Eric)

   From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)

   > I apply Tim's Calvinist Stoicism stance to this situation.  Put
   > crudely, if people bolt at the first sign of encroachment, fuck 'em.

   Indeed. But if my messages are bounced or delayed excessively, I will
   of course have no reason to remain. My own Calvinist Stoicism.

I would not say that bounces or long delays were a first sign of
encroachment.  But it does seem that we have not been addressing the
same idea.

   > To reiterate, I am willing to use my
   > position to send a stronger message.

   Bluntly, Eric, this is what is so disturbing about your position. You
   are willing to "use your position" to essentially purge the list

Again, I've not been speaking of this end result, except insofar of a
desire to avoid it.

[re: special small keys for low security applications]

   I don't buy this, and hence will have my messages delayed or bounced.
   I want my key to be useful for real uses, not just "Power Ranger" (a
   la James Donald) uses.

It appears then, that we disagree about the value of a half solution.

Eric

Thread