1995-02-09 - Re: Not necessarily crypto but scary anyway…

Header Data

From: slowdog <slowdog@wookie.net>
To: Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
Message Hash: ad1317337a2cc7694d5285720bf828e4ee4f3d8b396784820f584aab7a801e8f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.950209105922.8309A-100000@chewy.wookie.net>
Reply To: <199502091502.KAA27022@libws4.ic.sunysb.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-09 15:59:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 07:59:22 PST

Raw message

From: slowdog <slowdog@wookie.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 07:59:22 PST
To: Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
Subject: Re: Not necessarily crypto but scary anyway...

On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl wrote:

> I heard yesterday that someone in the House of Representatives proposed an
> amendment to the new crime bill which was soundly defeated it. Turns out the
> Amendment was worded exactly as the Fourht Amendment in the Bill 'o Rights.
> Apparently many a congressman/woman has egg on their face...

Yes indeed, in response to the H666 bill. The Dems placed up for vote the
text of the 4th Amendment without attributing it to be such. It was
defeated. Dems then immediately took to the floor of the House accusing
the Repubs of tryingto dismantle the Constitution.

- dog

Thread