1995-08-01 - Re: a hole in PGP

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: “Dr. Frederick B. Cohen” <fc@all.net>
Message Hash: 106501f8a08e5696264b930c63ded6d40cc5537c9a5d32896ec5c7cf14f61c53
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950801061213.9088A-100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <9508010008.AA02790@all.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-01 10:18:50 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 03:18:50 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 03:18:50 PDT
To: "Dr. Frederick B. Cohen" <fc@all.net>
Subject: Re: a hole in PGP

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Dr. Frederick B. Cohen wrote:

> Why (specifically) do you think so? Because you claim it? Because the
> MIT maintainer claims it? You say MIT is not associated with the NSA,
> but they have historically been funded by the NSA and other federal
> agencies for work on information security.  Do you really think that the

Of course MIT was in the NSA's pocket back in 1978 when they mailed me
and 3,000 other people a copy of "A Proposal for a Public Key Encryption
System" and started this whole Public Key-Private Key thing.  It was all
part of a plot.  If they hadn't done that we might all be using stronger
systems today.

DCF

Thread