1995-10-22 - Re: Encrypted TCP Tunneler

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Wei Dai <weidai@eskimo.com>
Message Hash: 0cbac37dfadb6db34adbed9af3375caae26e520c44e5525f4ad0fe70ffdd6dc9
Message ID: <199510221703.NAA02029@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951021145844.29391F-100000@eskimo.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-22 17:03:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Oct 95 10:03:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 95 10:03:45 PDT
To: Wei Dai <weidai@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: Encrypted TCP Tunneler

Wei Dai writes:
> I am writting a program called Encrypted TCP Tunneler, which I hope to
> finish in a month or so.

I never finished my own implementation of IPSEC because I didn't have
time, but I am now in possession of a fully functioning version for
4.4BSD derived systems that was developed at NRL. I'm going to have it
integrated into the NetBSD source tree very soon.

I really encourage Wei and anyone else who's interested in this sort
of stuff to participate in the IPSEC work so that we can try to put
all our effort behind the one standardized solution -- it will make
interoperability much easier at the very least!

Perry

Thread