1995-10-28 - Re: Encrypted TCP Tunneler

Header Data

From: someone <zxmjn11@here.or.there>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f2781dcdfedb1b18bb4d39a91c6c6ee27c90715a23b524cdeea2e7a63270f9eb
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.951028021729.17430B-100000@hp24.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951023022123.9641C-100000@eskimo.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-10-28 01:47:24 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 09:47:24 +0800

Raw message

From: someone <zxmjn11@here.or.there>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 09:47:24 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encrypted TCP Tunneler

Hi,

i am using a prog called twinsock to have an internet connection via my
shell account. The program provides a winsock for my windows progs and it
comes with the complete source. When I first started to use it, I thought
that it must be fairly easy to add some packet encryption to this
program. But then I realized that it wouldnt work over a tcp/ip
connection, only over a telephone line. But maybe the twinsock code might
be a good starting point for some encrypting winsock. Unfortunately, I am
not a good enough programmer to estimate how much work it is to come up
with such an enhanced winsock or even start to make one myself.

Stephan

Thread