1997-01-12 - Re: A vote of confidence for Sandy

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: oksas@asimov.montclair.edu (Nurdane Oksas)
Message Hash: 6e9ea6c8b8c8c98fdb2ea6265b26256717824fc7641fe83d212b26d9447fe50e
Message ID: <199701120729.BAA03801@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.93.970111193411.17742A-100000@pegasus.montclair.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-12 07:36:03 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:36:03 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:36:03 -0800 (PST)
To: oksas@asimov.montclair.edu (Nurdane Oksas)
Subject: Re: A vote of confidence for Sandy

Nurdane Oksas wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> > > Here's another typical post from Igor's soc.culture.russian.moderated (NOT).
> > >
> > > Igor Chudov, a moderator of s.c.r.m, calls M. Kagalenko "envious eunich", but
> > > Kagalenko has been banned from posting to s.c.r.m because he objected to its
> > > creation (i.e. he's on the "blacklist" and his submissions are auto-rejected).
> >
> > but none of the posts in question had ever been posted to scrm.
>
> 	You know well that Kagalenko is most rejected in scrm,
> 	Poor guy ...not one post, how can that be..?

How can that be? A good question. It can be because Misha submits
dozens of articles containing autogenerated garbage. He does it because
he does not like our newsgroup. We moderators have no other choice
but to reject these autogenerated articles because our charter prohibits
us from approving them.

To protect moderators from mailbombing our charter tells us to put
such mailbombers into our blacklist, which I do.

Once a month I remove Misha from our blacklist, and let him know that
he indeed had been removed. That usually results in another flood of
bogus submissions.

Apparently Misha likes it this way, and it probably lets him feel more
important than he really is. Well, if that is so, I have no problem with
that.

Check out http://www.algebra.com/~ichudov/usenet/scrm/archive/maillist.html

Otherwise, if Misha decides that he wants to post anything of substance,
a single request from him to remove him from our blacklist would suffice.
I do not need to keep him blacklisted as long as he does not mailbomb us.

But I will not bow to him.

That's the sad story.

	- Igor.

Thread