1997-01-18 - Re: IMDMP: SOURCE CODE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c866d72f831d47c041ac371ea5a00e8e870806201fd98ef44d3387a2d2bd3a41
Message ID: <51Rq1D26w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970118130638.8690A-100000@ixsrs4.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-18 20:43:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:43:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:43:47 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IMDMP: SOURCE CODE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

AIDAS <aidas@ixsrs4.ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Um, Paul? I hate to break it to you, but they're not moderating yet. If
> they were, we wouldn't get as much slime as we do on the list.

One memorable "censorship" incident occurred when the lying cocksucker
John Gilmore (spit) forcibly unsubscribed me from this list because he
didn't like the contents of my submissions - or did you forget already?
Look up Declan's disgraceful writeup on Netly News archives.

At that time most valuable contributors to this list (such as myself)
resolved not to contribute crypto-relevant content to a censored forum.

> Personally, I wish they'd hurry up. I'm getting rather annoyed with the
> spam, the "you're all homosexuals" postings, the posts by morons that
> can't figure out Majordomo or their mailers, and so on and so forth.

Not sure about "all", but someone whose name sounds like AIDS, and who
advocates censorship, most likely is one.

> So I ask you this: If the moderation isn't yet implemented, then how has
> it "gone down sharply since the start of the censorship [which hasn't been
> done yet]?"

The way Sandfart has gone down on Gilmore or the way Gilmore has gone
down on Inman? Or the way "copyright violations" (formerly known as
"news spam") will not be sent to a censored forum?

> <sarcasm> I just can't wait to see what kind of witty comment Dimitri will
> have on the first and second paragraphs of my response. </sarcasm>

You're not worth a witty comment, 'punk.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM