1997-11-14 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Message Hash: 738763c943f4ce1b26d352252836af04e6b48baf2fea5fdf8a0f28121b60ed5d
Message ID: <v0310280fb092516361eb@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <42ca13f9d34086b1b366bbfe8ab5e9da@anon.efga.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-14 20:30:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:30:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:30:48 +0800
To: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

At 7:17 AM -0700 11/14/97, Paul Bradley wrote:

>and liberty ethic. As for white supremacy, look elsewhere, I think you`ll
>find Tim`s post an example of what the developed world knows as humour,
>not a serious attack on any ethnic group.

Just so.

I'm actually delighted the Joichi Ito has, on the basis of my humor,
denounced me as a racist.  As a member of a "mongrelized society," as one
prominent Japanese put it a while back (and not back in the 1940s...it was
the 1980s), I am always happy to be called a racist by someone from one of
the most racially homogeneous nations on earth, a nation which of course
did not allow any "boat people" to settle in their nation, all the while
denouncing the U.S. for letting only several hundred thousand boat people
in.

The history of our "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com> is apparently
unknown to Joichi Ito, else he would not have been so quick to brand me a
racist for my humor.

I'm not even sure Nobuki Nakatuji is even an actual Japanese, given his
hotmail.com account and his stereotypically
Japanese-trying-to-write-English skills. It may just be a troll. Or a
get-rich-quick scheme.

I've probably deleted most of this Nakatuji guy's posts, but I did manage
to find a dozen or so. Here are some excerpts for those who have forgotten
what he has written. (Oh, and he seems to never engage in any discussions,
never responding substantively to anything people say to him. I suspect a
bot at work.)

---

From: "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Please show me these encryption algorithms
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 21:09:06 PDT

Does anybody know RC4,RC2,CDMF,MISTY,MULTI2 encryption algorithms?
If you know these encryption algorithms,
Please show me these encryption algorithms.

---

From: "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: GAO's Chaos Cryptosystem Algorithms
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:15:21 PDT

Do you want Gao's chaos cryptosytem's thesis
written in English ?
If you want it,Please send check or money order
of 50 dollar to me.

---

From: "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MITSUBISHI MISTY algorithm
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:30:40 PDT

Does anybody know MITSUBISHI MISTY algorithm ?
If you know it,Please send e-mail to me.

---

From: "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MISTY algorithm
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 20:00:20 PDT

Does anybody want MISTY algorithm ?
If you want it,Please send e-mail to me.

---

From: "Nobuki Nakatuji" <bd1011@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Where are another cypherpunk
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 21:18:23 PDT

Where are another cypherpunk mailinglist ?

Thread