1997-11-16 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
Message Hash: ec3e4c98bf72045a13585b51f1eb8aa22f9a93cd6194a9e5c59c7073d77570e5
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.971116122006.915C-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <19971114235753.18387@songbird.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-16 12:56:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:56:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:56:27 +0800
To: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

> > At the risk of responding to a post which has a good probability of being
> > a troll I will at least say that the above opinion may be that of several
> > members, but the fact is the list has evolved, it never had an original
> > defined purpose, at least not one easily put into words, and applauding
> > murder of government agents is a part of the whole strong crypto privacy
> > and liberty ethic.
>
> Bullshit.  Applauding murder has nothing to do with strong crypto
> privacy or liberty.

Yes it does, if one has a strong moral sense about things like individual
rights and privacy, and the government attempt to deny the people these
rights, the government have commited a great wrong, it is only to be
expected that the natural response is to encourage their removal. I find
it amazing how many people support the punishment of murderers and
kidnappers in society at large, but exempt from this the particular group
of people composing the government.

> > As for white supremacy, look elsewhere, I think you`ll
> > find Tim`s post an example of what the developed world knows as humour,
> > not a serious attack on any ethnic group.
>
> Tim's post is an example of what the RACIST world knows as humor,
> Paul.  Racism isn't an intellectual phenomenon, it is a gut
> phenomenon.  Frequently it manifests itself in humor.

Oversensitivity, plain and simple, I find some racist jokes funny, I am
not racist.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org