1997-11-14 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Joichi Ito <jito@eccosys.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: ac8329df7b42d596988c3f957fa4eb90a70c84ab03a7f6d423dfb3e0cfe99cb5
Message ID: <199711141442.XAA00592@eccosys.com>
Reply To: <42ca13f9d34086b1b366bbfe8ab5e9da@anon.efga.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-14 14:55:24 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 22:55:24 +0800

Raw message

From: Joichi Ito <jito@eccosys.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 22:55:24 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

At 15:39 97/11/13 -0600, TruthMonger wrote:

>   I tried to tell my fellow CypherPunks that it was a mistake to
> include that racist, white supremacist cypherpunks-j list in with
> the other CDR lists, but they still let those slant-eyed white
> supremacists join our Mary band, skirts and all.

Actually, cypherpunks-j is not connected to the CDR lists.
I have made a local distribution of the cypherpunks list
called cypherpunks-e, but there currently only 2 subscribers.
I wonder why... ;-P

Cypherpunks-j and the meetings in Tokyo are focused more on
writing code and less on stroking and beating each other.

We were going to call the list something else, but Eric Hughes
attended one of our meetings and convinced us to call ourselves
cypherpunks... maybe that was a stupid decision.

But, I suppose chaos is good. For you and for us. It's always
nice to be reminded that racisms in the US is still alive
and active. Sometime I forget and almost identify with you
folks.

Oh and by the way:

Article 21 of the Constitution of Japan

Freedom of assembly and association as well as speech, press
and all other forms of expression are guaranteed.
2) No censorship shall be maintained, nor shall the secrecy of
any means of communication be violated.

"nya nya na nya nya..."

 - Joi

--
PGP Key: http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2D9461F1
PGP Fingerprint: 58F3 CA9A EFB8 EB9D DF18  6B16 E48D AF2A 2D94 61F1