1998-01-12 - Re: Freedom Forum report on the State of the First Amendment

Header Data

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: b06de5e74fd2471d109eaa35fc780b92eb9fe3f570a53e5a5de3c211e3e68676
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.980112161554.346B-100000@shirley>
Reply To: <4qm4ie46w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-12 07:36:21 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:36:21 +0800

Raw message

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:36:21 +0800
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Freedom Forum report on the State of the First Amendment

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au> writes:

> > Since when has a crypto anarchist been a market anarchist?
>
> You can't realy be one without the other. You can't be a little bit statist.
> You can't be a little bit pregnant.

A person can be more statist then another person.  Statistness is a
real not a binarie.

[...]

> > Ok a for instence,  if I was your boss and I sated that I would fire you
> > unless you would go *u-hum* cave exploring with me[1].  Such situations
> > have occured in the past, would you support them.
>
> If the sole owner of a business has a female secretary brought into his
> office, pulls down his pants, and orders her to kiss his dick; and fires her
> for refusing; then he's engaging in behavior that's been viewed for centuries
> as one of the occupational hazards for working women and nothing out of the
> ordinary.

And if a mine worker suffercates to death in a poorly venterlated mine
then there engaging in behavior that's been viewed for centuries as one of
the occupation hazards for workers in poorly venterlated mines.

But of cause we have occupational health and safty laws to stop these
types of abuse.

[...]

> Wouldn't it be easier to say that if you don't
> like your present job for any reason (including your boss making amorous
> advances, or too little pay, or the color of the paint on the walls of your
> office), you should look for another one?

Which is fine when the ecomomy is strong and there is pleanty of jobs
going around but when the economy is on a downturn (like say because your
magour export markets have gone into free falls) and there are few jobs,
cound you risk it.

[...]

> > To me a person with that amount of power is uneceptable.
>
> You'd rather give his power to the employee or to the state?

I'd rather have power spread around so no one has a signifigent amount of
it.

[...]

> Would you have preferred the model popular in the medieval europe, where
> the boss was forced to care for the worker (peasant) if he got too old/sick to
> work,

In a way we do this via our super anuation scheams.

[...]

> Apparently that involved the boss's right to fuck the peasant and
> his family any time he pleased (ever heard of droit de segnor?)

Its a type of dog isn't it?  A big hairy one. [2]

[...]

> > Immagion there is a truck rolling out of conrol in your direction,
> > keeping silent may harm you by preventing you from jumping out of the way,
> > but this is not an agressive act, it is a passive one: I have declined to
> > warn you.
>
> The inaction that you've described is highly unethical, but hardly illegal.

Depeaning on the laws and cercomstances you may get procuted in simmler
situtaions.  Indeed the coronor is going to have allot of questions to
ask you.

[2] Lit Right of the first night.  The boss had the right to fuck your
wife on the first night of your marrige.  The only refereces we have for
this are the laws out-lawing the practice.

- --
Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  ex-net.scum and proud
You Say To People "Throw Off Your Chains" And They Make New Chains For
Themselves? --Terry Pratchett.

Thread