1998-09-07 - Re: What we are Fighting

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Message Hash: 400fccd5ea8b2f63be71888fdcca912b51e37e16c9b1c4ca81d0c69cfc4803e3
Message ID: <v03130308b219b1d32914@[209.66.100.36]>
Reply To: <v03130307b218f992deb9@[209.66.100.36]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-07 15:54:31 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:54:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:54:31 +0800
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject: Re: What we are Fighting

At 6:53 AM -0700 9/7/98, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>There is, offically, a proposal on the table to limit speech within the
>U.S. by restricting sale, manufacture, distribution, import of non-GAK'd
>crypto. A House committee approved that one year ago.

I'd forgotten about that little one. Of course, it has not gone anywhere
(no Senate version or committee markup, right?), so I'm not yet ready to
say there's official action on its way. And, fortunately, the session is
over but for the shouting about Clinton and his cigars.

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.

Thread