1998-09-07 - Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Ryan Lackey <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 557ea375a5857af47b92524fc84b1087e841b9ebb861834f25e849e0194a9624
Message ID: <v0313030ab219b7376d3b@[209.66.100.36]>
Reply To: <tw790jw2am5.fsf@denmark-vesey.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-07 16:18:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:18:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:18:54 +0800
To: Ryan Lackey <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

At 8:41 AM -0700 9/7/98, Ryan Lackey wrote:

>The machine suffered either disk controller or HDD problems as I was
>logged into it.  It is located in Boston, MA.  I do not currently have
>a way of getting to the machine to repair it, and this will likely
>continue to be true, so until I can get one of the people I know at
>the site where the machine is located to fix it, the archives will be
>offline.  If the machine cannot be fixed, I will put the archive up
>elsewhere.  I believe hugh@toad.com copied the entire archive at some
>point, so that might be helpful.
>
>Sorry about this -- replicated servers are always a good idea.

Indeed, weren't you developing some kind of distributed eternity server? So
much for eternity, I guess.

Ryan, could you tell us what you are working on, and what has taken you out
of the country?

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.

Thread