1998-09-07 - Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
Message Hash: 8210ef07056cc3306eb1276ed5f0609af48af00a492fa4a3563d5d56a0fbc56c
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.980907145305.17348E-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <tw790jw2am5.fsf@denmark-vesey.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-07 21:57:24 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 05:57:24 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 05:57:24 +0800
To: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

I have ~100 MB from 4/97 to present archived in mbox form. I can FTP it or
make it available to anyone who might need it to restore the archive.

-Declan

On 7 Sep 1998, Ryan Lackey wrote:

> > There is another archive at http://sof.mit.edu/cypherpunks, ironically
> > the machine that hosts it is not up at the moment
>
> The machine suffered either disk controller or HDD problems as I was
> logged into it.  It is located in Boston, MA.  I do not currently have
> a way of getting to the machine to repair it, and this will likely
> continue to be true, so until I can get one of the people I know at
> the site where the machine is located to fix it, the archives will be
> offline.  If the machine cannot be fixed, I will put the archive up
> elsewhere.  I believe hugh@toad.com copied the entire archive at some
> point, so that might be helpful.
>
> Sorry about this -- replicated servers are always a good idea.
> --
> Ryan Lackey
> rdl@mit.edu
> http://sof.mit.edu/rdl/