1998-09-07 - Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

Header Data

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
To: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
Message Hash: b9a3b15e80ca163da23c1da81a03e171c9492c848e7344d8dbd7c4d918a1c9ff
Message ID: <tw790jw2am5.fsf@denmark-vesey.MIT.EDU>
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:43:42 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:43:42 +0800
To: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks HyperArchive

> There is another archive at http://sof.mit.edu/cypherpunks, ironically
> the machine that hosts it is not up at the moment

The machine suffered either disk controller or HDD problems as I was
logged into it.  It is located in Boston, MA.  I do not currently have
a way of getting to the machine to repair it, and this will likely
continue to be true, so until I can get one of the people I know at
the site where the machine is located to fix it, the archives will be
offline.  If the machine cannot be fixed, I will put the archive up
elsewhere.  I believe hugh@toad.com copied the entire archive at some
point, so that might be helpful.

Sorry about this -- replicated servers are always a good idea.
--
Ryan Lackey
rdl@mit.edu

Thread