1995-01-07 - Re: Files and mail

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 10bc09ef554b0e98d4bf6a4aa479b6d01987303dd593294717a7e97b7c4d507e
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501061751.A12229-0100000@netcom10>
Reply To: <199501070010.QAA02210@netcom10.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-07 02:12:40 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 18:12:40 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 18:12:40 PST
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Files and mail

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, Mike Duvos wrote:

> drechsau@winternet.com (Mike Horwath) carefully explains all the
> reasons why is it better to have a Netcom account than a
> Winternet account!
>
>  > I was going to be in, I decided to rest instead.  So sue me
>  > for it.

(Long hilarious list of Mike Horwaths's totally unprofessional
behavior deleted  To save bandwidth, just read it twice, or
better still three times.)

> [Netcom] accounts don't vanish when "the guy who owns the
> machine" decides to throw a tantrum.
>
> [...]

A big problem with Netcom is it that it has no web server,
and its ftp server is totally overwhelmed.

I use nw.com for my web pages and netcom for everything else.

Big bandwidth webservice at reasonable rates

Does anyone have a better suggestion?  I have been shopping
around for a reasonably priced 28KB SLIP connection.  Have
not found one yet.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread