1995-01-07 - Re: Files and mail

Header Data

From: I’m Wozz <wozzeck@phantom.com>
To: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 752151f703ed4df9b59f9aa4bc6bddc2014cdfbb9422bf93a7a66228bfdb9238
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501062211.A16409-0100000@mindvox>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9501061827.A22477-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-07 03:07:38 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 19:07:38 PST

Raw message

From: I'm Wozz <wozzeck@phantom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 19:07:38 PST
To: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Files and mail

On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, James A. Donald wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jan 1995, I'm Wozz wrote:
> > >
> > > Big providers like Netcom have many employees and many machines.
> > > Things do not screech to a halt when "the guy who owns the
> > > machine" takes a mental health day. :)
> > >

> > no instead things screech to a halt when the 1000th user gets on each
> > client machine
>
> When Netcom slows down, this is not because the asshole in charge
> is being an asshole.

I'd hardly call taking a day off being an asshole.  Is he supposed to
staff the thing 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

No...its a small operation, that cannot be expected.

> He may well be an asshole, but the size of netcom protects
> me from having to discover this.

and you like the fact that you have NO idea who's running the place.

> This is good for my mental health.
>

> > I'd love to see a response to this...please!
>
> You are totally full of shit.

and why is this?  there is no support for this statement...

> Mike Horwath was arrogant and unprofessional.

hardly...after the fit this woman threw.  CC'ing his private mail and
interactions with her to COMPLETELY unrelated places .... such as

cypherpunks, nicholas negreponte of all people, wired, etc, etc, etc

as i understand the situation, the main contention here is that she was
trying to sell space on her web pages.....on winternet's
machines....without winternet's permission.

How would netcom react to such a situation (oh thats right....you're not
allowed to have web pages)

How about a similar situation, such as you selling the time you don't use
on your account to a friend and pocketing the money

> The problems you describe with Netcoms service are entirely
> accurate.  I am looking for better solution. Submitting to
> the authority of an arrogant and incompetent fool does not
> seem like a good solution.

no...instead, submit to the authority of 100 or so ANONYMOUS arrogant
incompetent fools

> He is plainly a fool, because if I had acted as he has acted,
> I would certainly not post this all over the place.

he's not posting this all over the place....Carol had a fit and he chose
to respond.  I'm afraid the baby here is Carol

       ,       /\_-\(:::::::::)/\_-\   matthew e. cable - systems administrator
   .       .  <((_))  MindVox  ((_))>  phantom access technologies inc
      .        \- \/(:::::::::)\- \/   wozzeck@phantom.com

Thread