1997-05-16 - Re: Just Say “No” to Congress

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Message Hash: 256e2297c3c0beefe2a88b098d1ea40bbbcb1f39f5f9c2d811bd9a50cdaa5b82
Message ID: <v03007805afa190790dd7@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03007802af9fa094e283@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-16 03:32:54 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:32:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:32:54 +0800
To: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Subject: Re: Just Say "No" to Congress

At 5:22 PM -0800 5/15/97, Greg Broiles wrote:
>At 09:13 AM 5/14/97 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>>Feinswine/Swinestein is the most despicable of all the politicians in
>>Congress. (This is not just ideology speaking...her usual-ally Barbara
>>Boxer is much less swinish, and even has some independent thoughts. I can't
>>see I often agree with Boxer, but she's not the Big Sister automaton that
>>Swinestein is.)
>
>FYI, Boxer is now (as of 5/12/97) a cosponsor of Sen. Leahy's ECPA/1997
>(Encrypted Communications  Privacy Act of 1997) - that's the bill with the
>complex structure for "voluntary" key recovery and criminal penalties for
>use of crypto  "in furtherance of" felony.

As I said, I am no ideological ally of Boxer. Her style is less swinish, to
my way of thinking, than Feinstein's is.

(In much the same way I find Stewart Baker, formerly of the NSA, less
irritating than Dorothy Denning, though of course Baker is proably more
dangerous than Denning.)

Both Boxer and Feinstein are ideological peas in a pod, of course.
Stylistically, and perhaps as human beings, they are far apart.

--Tim May