1997-06-23 - Re: spam on this list

Header Data

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 336a9fb7475bce4009155054aa6196779f66909238b2df9322fc346bcae2d96a
Message ID: <33AEA5D0.43193BD4@popmail.firn.edu>
Reply To: <199706230222.TAA04375@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-23 16:00:52 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 00:00:52 +0800

Raw message

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 00:00:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: spam on this list

Tim May wrote:

> At 7:51 PM -0700 6/22/97, Jason William RENNIE wrote:
>
> >Thats fine but, i dont want to be invited to look at nasty naked
> >cheerleaders. And isn't it somewhat problematic when a 15 yr old
> looks at
> >the mail box ?? BEsides i hate junk mail too, and if i could stick a
> no
> >junk mail sticker on my email i would.

Alrighty, see that little key on your keyboard that says "Delete?"  I
learned to use that if I don't want to be bothered by spam.  Whining
about it does nothing.  Or you can do the anti-spamming e-mail address
idea.

> You're on the wrong list. We favor free speech, including inviting
> 15-year-olds to look at pictures of their choosing on the Net. They
> don't
> _have_ to look, after all.

I think people need to learn that if you don't like it, don't watch it.
Out of sight, out of mind.

> Perhaps you should join forces with Sen. McCain and Sen. Feinswine, or
> your
> versions in your own country. Or move to Iran. Or something.

That McCain with his little "Secure Public Networks Act."  That was the
best example that CONgress just doesn't give a rat's arse about us.
They trigger the "nay" key whenever someone says those magic little
words: Child Pornongraphy.  About .02% of America trades kiddie porn,
and I bet half of them don't even use PGP.  But then again,
congresscritters don't know shit about technology.

Thread