1997-06-23 - Re: spam on this list

Header Data

From: “Philip A. Mongelluzzo” <phimon@ix.netcom.com>
To: Alan <alano@teleport.com>
Message Hash: f25d20e8c5e5b7416d59766eb77f9781479866f277820a76a3dc347c17218af7
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970623192551.00935250@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970623063123.0092e8c0@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-23 23:39:04 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:39:04 +0800

Raw message

From: "Philip A. Mongelluzzo" <phimon@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:39:04 +0800
To: Alan <alano@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: spam on this list

I truly admire how you (and others) infer what you have from my post.
Simply remarkable.

I will keep my statements short and direct for those of you who have had to
much coffee.

I support the constitution.  In the case of the first ammendment: The
freedom it allows you, or whoever, to send spam and indulge in child
pornography is the same freedom provided to those who say those ideas are
wrong.  Got it?

I did not intend to infer any sexuality of any kind.

The question still stands --- please try not to rant --- attempt to post
your constructive thoughs:

How do we deal with child pornography and free speech in such a way as to
allow both to exist and insure our children are not exposed to pornographic
material until they are at a maturity level where they can deal with it?

If pornography is the enemy of crypto then that is enemy that must be fought.

A battle that must be won without killing the enemy to insure continued
free speech.  Quite a challenge I think.

Now, do you have any idea how to do that?

Thread