1997-06-23 - Anti-SPAM SPAM should be banned by Congress

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: cf0ef7a1a78a7e4d7a061f26e4c1a403f2879418e681dbb90264cf6998460b21
Message ID: <v03102804afd460eea020@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970623063123.0092e8c0@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-23 17:36:37 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:36:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 01:36:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Anti-SPAM SPAM should be banned by Congress

I really resent and hate spammers like Jason William RENNIE, who keeps
spamming me with his repetitive views about SPAM!

I want to know why Cypherpunks are not working on getting laws passed to
stop SPAM like this from reaching me! I want to know why Cypherpunks have
not gotten laws passed forcing Jason William RENNIE and Philip A.
Mongelluzzo to stop sending me SPAM I don't want to read!

When I took my oath, I promised to defend and protect the perquisites of
Congress, and I promised to uphold the laws of the United States, including
the one which says "Congress shall make laws which they claim will protect
the children, regulate commerce, control bad thoughts, uphold Christian
values, and provide for the common welfare system."

So, you Cypherpunks, are you up to the challenge to get these laws passed?

At 5:52 AM -0700 6/23/97, Jason William RENNIE wrote:

>and i can get off the list. Having it sent to MY email box is NOT my
>choice and my rights to choose are being infringed by these idiot
>shoveling there crap into my email box.

That's why I want a law banning your anti-SPAM SPAM from being spammed into
my mailbox!

--Tim May