1998-11-29 - y2k/gary north delusions

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 892f8bf5ef45828e1ba7575058b90a2ede41159ac220006c4e60c75159510065
Message ID: <199811290304.TAA06582@netcom13.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:28:51 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:28:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: y2k/gary north delusions

I've been reading gary north for quite awhile and think
he is quite brilliant on some issues. for example he was
quoting statistics about amt of time it takes to fix code,
cost per line, govt agencies etc. a long, long time ago.
he really zeroed in on the govt bureacrat "ostrichism"
early on..

anyway I hate to say that I think he is really losing his
mind lately.. no there are going to be some serious y2k problems,
but imho the bottom approaches "garbage".. any talk of riots,
mobs, martial law, stockpiling weaponry, roving bandits
etc. seems to me to be really way off base to say the least.
now people have been talking about this, but I've never seen
gary north go quite that crazy.

all the quoting of obscure, fictitious b-grade movies in this article
makes me think he is really living in a fantasy world. now
this is a shame because some of his research is some of the
most solid and ahead-of-time than anyone on the entire net,
by far. his site is a work of art in tedious archival,
compilation, indexing.

gary, take it easy. take a vacation. take a deep breath.

well posted for your own opinion