1998-02-04 - Re: Spammers

Header Data

From: lutz@belenus.iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke)
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: cbab68897aed26d821f524ff673dfa6342ecac8defd37c25a0a28dbe7437752b
Message ID: <slrn6dgdsq.17a.lutz@belenus.iks-jena.de>
Reply To: <v03102807b0fcd856e294@[207.79.65.77]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-04 09:43:52 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:43:52 +0800

Raw message

From: lutz@belenus.iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:43:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Spammers

* Bill Stewart wrote:
>If you want to cut way down on spam, there's Paul Vixie's
>Realtime BlackHole List service at maps.vix.com.  It uses DNS as a
>convenient query/response server and some short sendmail scripts
>to block mail from any site known to have an open smtp relay.

I prefer teergrubing. It does increase the realtime costs of spamming. A lot
of professional spammers are teergrube aware and do not spam to such hosts.
Unsecure relays die by a lack of ressources after catched by some
teergrubes, so the admin has to do something to deal with the problem.

Thread