1997-06-04 - Re: Who “invented” remailers?

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 24eb22ef719820ca44e4129d145a04860c9d671f597380fc2e9b4d6f521a400e
Message ID: <199706040058.RAA24630@netcom8.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199706040027.UAA11558@muesli.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-04 01:05:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:05:17 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:05:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Who "invented" remailers?

Phil writes:

> I agree that the Julf mailer had big problems operations wise but I fear
> that the current mixmaster setup is a bit too unweildy for naive use.

I think the current level of remailer difficulty is just fine, thank-you.

There is nothing inherently wrong in requiring a partial clue in order to
use a remailer successfully.  Services that the inbred can use too easily
generally get nuked due to excessive public attention.  Mailmasher strikes
me as one recent obvious example.

For technology to have a reasonable lifetime, it must have functionality
somewhere in between impossible to use, and "click here to threaten the
life of the president."

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread