1997-06-05 - Re: McVeigh

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Message Hash: 886a9339ec3c30d1381de7f16465f7915191d6daa5bfa7f90af0b72b8f1f0087
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970604234636.624F-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970604161638.24801B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-05 08:14:12 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:14:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:14:12 +0800
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Subject: Re: McVeigh

> A better question, and a bigger issue is this: what plausible explanation
> was given for the lack of BATF agents in the building on that day?  Could
> it be that they knew about the attack?  If they did, why did they allow it
> to happen, thus killing those kids in the day care center.  If they did,
> we know who the true criminals are.  But this is a good question.  Will we
> ever know the truth?

We may speculate, we may even know the truth. The government however
won`t allow a small thing like truth to stand in their way.

> IMHO, If McVeigh did what he did, frying or lethal injection is
> acceptable, he decided to take an action that would potentially cost him
> his life, gambled and lost.

Yes, he is guilty of murder and I would favour torturing him to death
slowly, this is not emotional reactionism, merely a desire for justice
and fair punishment.

As I have said, I personally believe McVeigh was guilty, this does not
make it so, and no jury in the world should have convicted him on what
was presented.

> Like all terrorists, the price of killing
> many is the price of being killed.  Etc.  It's a fair trade from one point
> of view (though my money says he's shitting bricks right now), unfair from
> the victim's point of view.

A fairly natural reaction, McVeigh will suffer the most if he is
executed, I would imagine that unless you are a deeply religious person
the knowledge of your impending death is indeed terrifying. I recall a
near miss I had in a car a while ago, I thought I was going to hit an
oncoming car and be killed, only lasted about 10 seconds, if that, yet it
was the most terrifying experience of my life, going through than for weeks
or months is indeed a fitting punishment if he is guilty.

> Life sucks.  Death sucks even more.

Indeed, sometimes in very dark moments I do believe being dead might be
more fun <g>, less to worry over, but the will to self destruction is
surrender.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org